Puppy Social Drop In
It's Happy Hour for your Puppy!
||4:00pm to 5:00pm
||5:00pm to 6:00pm *OLDER puppies
||11:15am to 12:15pm
||12:15pm to 1:15pm *OLDER puppies
||6:00pm to 7:00pm
||7:30pm to 8:30pm *OLDER puppies
||7:30pm to 8:30pm
Who is it for:
What is all about:
- Puppies 9 - 18 weeks of age who are current on vaccinations and have lived in your home for a minimum of two weeks before attending
- Older puppies 5 - 9 months of age may attend the Older Puppy Social session on Friday nights 7:30 - 8:30.
Why are we offering this:
- There will be supervised and structured play time for the puppies, where your puppy will learn to behave appropriately with other
dogs and people
- Your puppy will begin to learn to pay attention to you when necessary despite the distracting environment
- Puppy appropriate equipment will be set up for your use and you will be taught how to use it for further enrichment, training and
fun for your puppy
- You will learn what socialization is and how to ensure it is a positive process for your puppy
- How to deal with new people, meeting new dogs, grooming, recalls, handling etc will also be touched upon
Where does this take place:
- The critical stage of puppy development is between 3 - 12 weeks of age. From 12 - 16 weeks your puppy is still in an important
stage where learning new things and meeting new dogs and people of all kinds in a positive way will have the most impact in the
shortest amount of time. We take advantage of this time.
- Begin your puppy training while you are waiting for your class to start.
- You can continue to attend drop in social concurrently with your Puppy Headstart class, they complement each other.
- You can start right away, usually within days.
Puppy Social will be supervised by Karen McNichol.
- In the fully enclosed rubber ring at Red Barn Event Centre where we have access to fun puppy equipment.
The Puppy Social STAMP CARD enables applicant to drop in at any Puppy Social drop in time.
Cost is $15 + HST for a single visit
or $60 + HST for
a 6-visit stamp card. Cards are NON-TRANSFERABLE.
Proof of parvo/distemper vaccination must be provided within 48 hours of submission of completed stamp card application. Please note that there
will be NO ADMITTANCE to drop in without proof of vaccination.